Should Video Be Part of Your Marketing Strategy in 2013?
More and more businesses are implementing video as an important part of their on and off line marketing. Here are a few reasons why:
Consumers Use and Trust Online Video
- Visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not.
- 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions.
- More than 3 out of 5 consumers will spend at least 2 minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase.
- People trust you more when they can see and hear you–93% of communication is non-verbal.
Video Brings Online and Offline Together
- Smartphone users are increasingly consuming product video as part of their multichannel shopping experience.
- Nearly 40% of consumers report that videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device.
- 50% of local searches are already done on mobile devices.
- 90% of smartphone searches result in an action such as a purchase or a visit to a business.
- 4 in 10 shoppers visited a store online or in-person as a direct result of watching a video.
Video is The Most Viral Form of Media
- YouTube, is the 2nd largest search engine after Google.
- Video is one of the most commonly shared forms of media.
- 92% of mobile video viewers say that they share video content by email, on social networking sites or by passing their phone to a friend.
People Remember What They See and Hear
After two weeks, most people only remember 10% of what they have read, 20% of what they have heard, 30% of what they have seen, but 50% of what they have seen and heard–say in an online video.
For all of the reasons above and more, the answer to the question, “Should video be part of my marketing strategy in 2014?” is an emphatic, “Yes.”